Kenneth Fuchs with the American String Quartet:
David Geber, cello; Daniel Avshalomov, viola;
Peter Winograd, violin; Laurie Carney, violin
“String quartet recordings don’t get
much better than this.”
—American Record Guide, July-August 2002
Photo: Don Hunstein
- Concerto for Piano (‘Spiritualist’), Concerto for Electric Guitar (‘Glacier’), and Concerto for Saxophone (‘Rush’); Poems of Life (Countertenor and Orchestra); London Symphony Orchestra; JoAnn Falletta, conductor; Jeffrey Biegel, piano; D.J. Sparr, electric guitar; Aryeh Nussbaum Cohen, countertenor; Timothy McAllister, saxophone; Naxos (American Classics 8.559824), 2018.
- Falling Man (for Baritone Voice and Orchestra), Movie House (Seven Poems by John Updike for Baritone Voice and Chamber Ensemble), Songs of Innocence and of Experience (Four Poems by William Blake for Baritone Voice and Chamber Ensemble), London Symphony Orchestra; JoAnn Falletta, conductor; Roderick Williams, baritone; Naxos (American Classics 8.559753), 2014.
- String Quartet No. 5 (“American”), Falling Canons, Falling Trio, Christopher O’Riley, Trio21, Delray String Quartet; Naxos (American Classics 8.559733), 2013.
- Atlantic Riband, American Rhapsody, Divinum Mysterium, Concerto Grosso, Discover the Wild, London Symphony Orchestra; JoAnn Falletta, conductor; Michael Ludwig, violin; Paul Silverthorne, viola; Naxos (American Classics 8.559723), 2012. Nominated for a 2012 Grammy Award in the category “Producer of the Year, Classical” (Tim Handley).
- Evensong (for Horn and Guitar), “Horn Constellation: Jacek Muzyk,” JoAnn Falletta, guitar; Summit Records (DCD-563), 2011.
- United Artists, U.S. Air Force Academy Band (Colorado Springs, Colorado). Col. Larry H. Lang, commander and conductor, commissioned the band transcription from the original work for orchestra. Windscapes, 2009.
- Canticle to the Sun, United Artists, London Symphony Orchestra; JoAnn Falletta, conductor; Timothy Jones, French horn; Naxos (American Classics 8.559335), 2008. Includes three chamber pieces, in performances by principal players of the LSO: Quiet in the Land (mixed quintet), Fire, Ice, and Summer Bronze (brass quintet), and Autumn Rhythm (wind quintet).
- On Silver Wings, U.S. Air Force Band of Liberty (Hanscom AFB, Massachusetts). Col. Larry H. Lang, commander and conductor, commissioned three of the nine works, including On Silver Wings, 2006.
- Immigrants Still (words by Richard Wilbur), “Songs and Stories of Liberation,” Concora, 2006.
- An American Place, Eventide, Out of the Dark, London Symphony Orchestra; JoAnn Falletta, conductor; Thomas Stacy, English horn; Timothy Jones, French horn; Naxos (American Classics 8.559224), 2005. Nominated for two 2005 Grammy Awards: “Best Instrumental Soloist with Orchestra” (Thomas Stacy and JoAnn Falletta for Eventide) and “Producer of the Year, Classical” (Michael Fine).
- Quartets 2, 3, 4, American String Quartet, Albany Records (Troy 480), 2001.
- Christina’s World (Idyll for Winds, Brass, and Percussion), “Christina’s World,” University of Miami Wind Ensemble, Albany Records (Troy 403), 2000.
- In the Clearing (eight poems by Robert Frost), “In the Clearing,” Coro Allegro, 1998.
- Face of the Night (After a Painting by Robert Motherwell), “New York Legends: Recitals with Principals from the New York Philharmonic: Thomas Stacy, English Horn,” Cala Records (CACD0511), 1997.
DOWNLOAD FROM iTUNES
Kenneth Fuchs’s recorded works are available for download from iTunes: Concertos for Piano, Electric Guitar and Saxophone; Poems of Life • Falling Man, Movie House, Songs of Innocence and of Experience • String Quartet No. 5, Falling Canons, Falling Trio • Atlantic Riband, American Rhapsody, Divinum Mysterium • Canticle to the Sun, United Artists • An American Place, Eventide, Out of the Dark • String Quartets • United Artists (band version) • On Silver Wings (for band) • Christina's World is available as an mp3 download from Amazon (complete album only).